Tuesday, March 9, 2010

International Women's Day

Yesterday was International Women's Day.  Some of my favorite blogs marked the day with commentary.  I marked it by changing my Face Book profile picture to one of a painting of a beautiful strong woman nursing her baby.  I have been reading lots of blog commentary on the baby feeding wars.  It makes me sad.  I'll write about that more later.  For now I'll just share some images that I find beautiful.

Pablo Picasso


Artist unknown to me.  It is my current FB profile image.  If you know the artist, please let me know.


Fiery Breastfeeding, Artist Unknown, alisaterry.blogspot.com


Mother and Child, Renoir


Yashoda Breastfeeding, Mysore Traditional Art Krishna


Madonna and Child, Leonardo da Vinci


The Divine Mother (closeup), Michelle Levy


 Tender Hands, Diana Moses Botkin


Young Mother Feeding Her Baby, Lepicier


 Mother Jeanne Nursing Her Baby, Mary Cassatt


Joninah Louise, Seven Months

No comments:

Post a Comment